Hello Friends, in this blog post I am going to let you know about the multicast routing. The procedure of sending a message to the group of widely separated processes in a network is called multicasting.
The message is sent to well-defined groups that are numerically large in size but small as compared to the network, as a whole. An example of where different processes work together in groups in a distributed database system. The routing algorithm is called multicasting routing.
multicasting requires group management to create and destroy groups and for processes to leave and join groups. multicast routing is concerned with the fact that when a process joins a group, it must inform its host.
It is important that routers must know about which of their hosts belong to which group. As the routers tell their neighbors, the information propagates
through the subnet.
In multicast routing, each router computes a spanning tree for itself, covering all other routers in the subnet. Let us consider an example given in fig 1.
In fig1 a, a subnet with two groups 1 and 2 are given. Some routers are attached to hosts that belong to one or both of these groups. A spanning tree for the left-most routers is shown in fig1 b.
When a process sends a multicast packet to a group, the first router of the subnet forms a pruned spanning tree, removing all lines not leading to the hosts of the groups.
In fig1c and fig1d pruned spanning trees for group 1 and group 2 are shown. Multicast packets are forwarded only along the appropriate spanning tree.
There are various algorithms used to prune the spanning tree; like link-state routing, distance vector routing, reverse path forwarding, etc.
In the case of any queries, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will get back to you ASAP.
Hope! you would have enjoyed this post about ‘Multicast Routing’.
Please feel free to give your important feedbacks in the comment section below.
Have a great time! Sayonara!
- Addon Domain vs SubDomain In Hindi. Addon domain और subdomain हिंदी में
- Fundamentals Of C In Hindi
- Preprocessor Directives Of C In Hindi.
- History And Introduction of C Language In Hindi. C language हिंदी में
- Determine and explain if the following binary tree is Heap, BST, Height balance tree, Complete binary tree full binary tree?
- B-Tree Example In Data Structure.
- Kruskal Algorithm In Hindi In Data Structure. Kruskal Algorithm हिंदी में.
- Prim’s Algorithm In Hindi In Data Structure. Prim’s Algorithm हिंदी में
- Sorting Algorithm And Their Time Complexity In Data Structure.
- Shell Sort In Data Structure.