Now the question is that all the other keys like primary, alternate, super, unique, foreign also used to uniquely identify a tuple value so are they all a candidate key?
Yes, any key that is capable to identify a tuple value is considered as a candidate key though they could also have their own features like a primary key does not allow to enter a null value. Whereas unique key allows doing the same.
In a very simple language, we can say that a candidate key is a generalized concept to have unique value to identify the whole row record. thus any DBMS key fulfilling this criterion will be a candidate key.
Every key that can easily identify a tuple value with the property of uniqueness, mean to say that every tuple has a unique value for a particular attribute value is called a candidate key. There may be one and more candidate key in the database table.
Hope! you would have enjoyed this blog post. Please feel free to write to us if you have any query regarding this blog.
Have a great time!
- What is the use of Cache Memory 2019?
- Overlay advantages and disadvantages in programs?
- FAT32 Advantages and Disadvantages?
- What Is Disk Scheduling In Hindi? disk scheduling क्या होती है?
- Deadlock in the distributed operating system in Hindi? डैडलॉक क्या होता है?
- Remove unwanted characters in word file in Hindi? वर्ड(Word) फाइल के एक कॉलम में दिए गए नंबर्स के शुरू के कुछ नंबर्स को हटाना ?
- Important facts about Gmail in Hindi? Gmail के बारे में कुछ रोचक तथ्य?
- Software Maintenance Issues & Problem in Hindi? सॉफ्टवेयर मेंटेनेंस मुद्दा और दिक्कते हिंदी में
- What is Requirement engineering in Hindi& Requirement analysis?रेक्विरेमेंट इंजीनियरिंग क्या होता है?
- White Box Testing in Hindi? वाइट बॉक्स टेस्टिंग क्या है हिंदी में?