In this blog post, I will let you know about one of the most important and interesting topics of a database that is KEY.
While reading the same subject or sometimes having relevancy with the technology you would have heard about this technical word key if not exactly the same then you would have heard like a primary key or foreign key.
So those who have been studying the database or have studied should know this technical word key and all further classification related to this word key.
Like its name key which is useful in opening a lock in our real life, it is used to find the particular tuple and attribute information in relation in DBMS.
In the database we have a table, in a table, we have several rows and column. Here key can be a particular column or attribute value which is used to identify whole row or tuple value.
A column which is made a key will have a unique value in all the row. On this basis, we can say that an attribute which uniquely identifies a tuple value is known as a key.
There are several types of keys in the database which are given below.
Candidate key: Unique tuple value for each attribute.
Primary key: uniquely identify a tuple, does allow null.
Foreign key: Help to access other table data.
Unique key: Uniquely identify tuple, allow null value.
Super key: composite key identify a tuple value. a minimal superkey is candidate key.
Alternate key: Uniquely identify the tuple value but not a primary key.
I will discuss each of these above-given keys one by one in detail in my upcoming blog.
You should be confused with a key in the database. it is simply a column which has a unique value in each row and on the basis of this value we fetch the detail of a particular row. We may fetch one or more row result with the help of this key and can show the result as per our requirement.
Hope you would have enjoyed this blog post. Please feel free to write to us at email@example.com if you have any queries about this blog.
Have a great time!
- What is the use of Cache Memory 2019?
- Overlay advantages and disadvantages in programs?
- FAT32 Advantages and Disadvantages?
- What Is Disk Scheduling In Hindi? disk scheduling क्या होती है?
- Deadlock in the distributed operating system in Hindi? डैडलॉक क्या होता है?
- Remove unwanted characters in word file in Hindi? वर्ड(Word) फाइल के एक कॉलम में दिए गए नंबर्स के शुरू के कुछ नंबर्स को हटाना ?
- Important facts about Gmail in Hindi? Gmail के बारे में कुछ रोचक तथ्य?
- Software Maintenance Issues & Problem in Hindi? सॉफ्टवेयर मेंटेनेंस मुद्दा और दिक्कते हिंदी में
- What is Requirement engineering in Hindi& Requirement analysis?रेक्विरेमेंट इंजीनियरिंग क्या होता है?
- White Box Testing in Hindi? वाइट बॉक्स टेस्टिंग क्या है हिंदी में?