Hello Friends, In this blog post( How to check if the domain is blacklisted) we are going to let you know about the blacklist check. A blacklist check is a simple process just to check whether your email or domain and your IP is listed in either listed in blacklist made by several organizations or company on the basis of few parameters.
Inside this blog post( How to check if the domain is blacklisted), we are going to discuss few important questions related to the blacklist check like:
How do I check if my IP is blacklisted?
How do I find out if a website is blacklisted?
How do I know if my DNS is blacklisted?
Is my email blacklisted?
How do you get off the blacklist?
How does a person get blacklisted?
How do I get my email off the blacklist?
How to check if the domain is blacklisted?
To be on a blacklist is not less than having a nightmare. We get panic when we see our email and concerning IP as blacklisted| How to check if the domain is blacklisted|
Within this blog( How to check if the domain is blacklisted), we will cover several sections like How to check if IP is blacklisted, How to check if my email is blacklisted, and How do I send a mass email without being blacklisted and etc.
What are this blacklist check and our email comes in this list……? / How does email get blacklisted?| How to check if the domain is blacklisted
A blacklist is a place where all suspicious emails are kept together who tried to send spam emails or phishing emails. You can easily check the status of your email using several blacklist list.
There is various blacklist check including Spamhaus, Barracuda Reputation Block List, which have their own criteria to accomplish the selection and rejection of the emails.
Anything comes in this list as email addresses, users, passwords, URLs, IP addresses, domain names, file hashes, and etc are denied access.
Like the blacklist, there are two other lists, Whitelist, and gray list.
the elements present in the whitelist are allowed to pass through any gate, while elements in the gray list are temporarily
blocked and allowed to pass through the gate until the additional action is taken against them.
Sometimes you are blocked even though your sending intention was good and you were not a spammer.
All ESP have their Anti-spam filter which decides the authenticity fo the email received on the basis of their criteria of blacklist check.
So if you get lots of spam complaints about your email address, domain, URLs, and etc. then it can be included in the concerning blacklist.
How to check whether I am listed in any Blacklist using one of the blacklist check tools? / How to check if my email is blacklisted
There are several sites that can provide this information, few mostly used sites are listed below.
multi.valli.org/lookup. : This checks in 120+ blacklists.
www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx. : It is free and blacklist check-in around 46 blacklists.
www.dnsstuff.com/tools. : Check your IP and domain here, checks in 97 blacklists.
www.dnsbl.info. : Blacklist Check-in 88 blacklists.
So, how can we avoid the chance of our email or IP listing in blacklist check-in a blacklist? / How do I send a mass email without being blacklisted?
There are few tips given below which can be of great use for avoiding this blacklisting. If you follow the below tips then you can reduce the maximum chances to be listed in the blacklist.
1. Keep your identity up to date: when you send the emails to a large number of users then your email address and your domain should be compulsorily verified.
so that the receiver server does not keep you in a category of phishing emails and further reject your emails.
2. Keep your list clean, it should not have any spam and bounce emails. Make a habit to clean the email list before you send a new email campaign.
3. Double-opt is not only good to have in the procedure, it’s a security blanket for you and your subscribers. It is always good to have an authentic subscriber list.
4. Attachments with emails are always considered as a suspicious activity as it is a great chance to send the viruses with attachments. So try to avoid the attachments as much as possible.
5. Never send a fishy material in your emails like asking for confidential details like account no password, playing the lottery, win money, porn, free and etc.
These are spam flagged words.
6. run your email through rigorous testing as there might be few viruses that are often embedded accidentally.
7. Always provide the unsubscribe option in your emails, try to keep this option at the header instead of the footer of the email if possible.
8. Never change the email sending frequency drastically up and down, By doing this you can safely hide your emails from the spam filter radar.
9. Try to keep a professional email address, avoid keeping an email address mix with alphanumeric characters and special symbols.
10. You should allow your subscribers to view your email as HTML or a web-based version.
11. Never send your emails using BCC(Blind Carbon Copy) list option.
12. Try to avoid including the images, graphics, flash in your emails, else you will be embedded with a bounce email.
13. Try to avoid the UPPERCASE letters for any words either in the subject or body as they are considered as spam flags.
14. Always configure your ESP for receiving the spam and bounce email notification in your account. So next time you can restrict these emails for sending the emails.
15. Before sending the emails, make sure that you are not listed in any blacklist by checking using a blacklist check.
So these are few tips for saving your email, IP to be listed in the blacklist.
Is blacklisting the same as blocking?
This is just like synonyms words, but it does not make any differences between them, and both blacklisting and blocking are the same. When an email or IP get blacklisted or blocked by any of the blacklist then that email is completely blocked for all the receiving mail servers which are using the concerned blacklist in their server.
So, the summary of the whole story is that a blacklist is a list which is made by a various organization with a certain set of rules. Here if a receiving server has installed one of the blacklists then if your email and the IP address do not follow their rule or policy then your email and IP could be blacklisted for that blacklisting company| How to check if the domain is blacklisted|
You can have a blacklist check at a regular interval of time. It is not very panic if you are listed in one of the blacklists as there are many. This is important to be unlisted from the blacklist if you are going to have an email campaign launch| How to check if the domain is blacklisted|
So using this blog we have learned about How to check if IP is blacklisted, How to check if a domain is blacklisted, What is URL blacklist, How to whitelist a blacklisted IP address, How does email get blacklisted, Is blacklisting the same as blocking, How do I send a mass email without being blacklisted, How do I check if my IP is blacklisted, How do I find out if a website is blacklisted, How do I know if my DNS is blacklisted, Is my email blacklisted, How do you get off the blacklist, How does a person get blacklisted, How do I get my email off the blacklist| How to check if the domain is blacklisted|
In case of any queries, you can write to us at [email protected] we will get back to you ASAP.
Hope! you would have enjoyed this post How to check if the domain is blacklisted.
Please feel free to give your important feedbacks in the comment section below| How to check if the domain is blacklisted|
Have a great time! Sayonara!