Hello Friends, In this blog post, I will let you know how to get the Amazon IAM credentials from your AWS account for setting up the SMTP for sending the emails.
Inside this blog post, we are going to discuss few important questions related to Amazon IAM credentials like:
What kind of IAM credentials are available for use?
What is the Amazon IAM user name?
What are credentials in Amazon?
How do I log into IAM user?
Where do I find my AWS credentials?
What information does the IAM credential report provide?
What is the credential report?
What are IAM and its purpose?
You will go through AWS IAM login and will explore What kind of IAM credentials are available for use? and how do I get AWS credentials?
AWS IAM credentials are necessary for setting up the AWS SES or SMTP. Without setting up these IAM credentials you will not able to send the email using AWS SES.
OR How to create a user at AWS for getting the Access key id and secret key?
OR How to attach the SES policy to take permission for sending the emails?
If you are planning to use AWS for sending your emails then this blog post will guide you step by step.
What are these Amazon IAM credentials?
Amazon IAM stands for identity access management and these credentials allow us to send the emails using AWS SES.
What is this policy attachment?
This SES full access policy allows you to use all the SES services with full access.
This is very important to attach the policy, peoples often forget to attach policy and thus have a problem in sending the emails.
As SES has a variety of services so here we choose SES full access to take permission over all the SES functionality.
What credentials are required for sending emails through AWS SES? / How to get AWS access key ID / AWS credentials / What is AWS secret key?
Mainly you need 3 parameters for sending the emails using AWS SES.
1. Access key id: see the procedure below.
2. Secret access key id: see the procedure below.
3. AWS verified email id:
If you have any doubt in getting the AWS verified email id then please go through the extensive blog post.
Why is it called SES not SMTP….?
Actually, they both are the same if we see it on a broad scale, both work for sending emails.
But if we go inside into the architecture then we will find SMTP is just used for sending the emails whereas SES consists of various other services like tracking the events such as bounce spam emails.
It also detects malware in your content and etc.
So as SES has so many amazing features along with SMTP thus they give a name to this as SES. So don’t be confused about this.
How can you get the Amazon IAM credentials(Access Key id or Secret key id) from your AWS account? / How do I get AWS credentials?
This is very simple to get the Amazon IAM credentials, just follow the below procedure step by step.
1. log in to your AWS account.
2. click on IAM at the service dashboard or main dashboard.
3. Click Users, see the below image.
4. Here you need to add a user, click on add user, see the below image.
5. Enter the username as per your wish, just keep the relevant name to your business for which you want to send the emails. Check the box for getting the access key id and secret access key. See the image below.
6. This is a very important step to attach the SES policy. IF you forget this step you will not able to send your emails even after getting the access keys. So please remember to attach this policy. Here search for Amazon SES full access and select it by checking the checkbox.
7. You are almost done with the process, just click on the create user button.
8. Finally, you get the Access keys for connecting the SES with ESP and further sending emails. Please keep it secret.
Here you can see the created user in your AWS user dashboard. See the below image.
In this blog post, you got to know how to get AWS IAM credentials which is helpful in setting the SMTP for sending the emails. You can follow this step by step procedure to get the IAM credentials as most of the users are confused with how and where to get these AWS IAM credentials.
We learned about AWS credentials(IAM), we have also explored how do I set up AWS?… How do I get AWS credentials?…. Where does AWS look for credentials?… What kind of IAM credentials are available for use?.. What is the AWS secret key?
In case of any queries, you can write to us at [email protected] we will get back to you ASAP.
Hope! you would have enjoyed this post about Amazon IAM: How to get AWS IAM credentials?.
Please feel free to give your important feedbacks in the comment section below.
Have a great time! Sayonara!